Terms & Conditions
TOP VICTORY INVESTMENTS LTD, (hereinafter referred to as the Company), a branch office of Top Victory Investments Ltd Hong Kong, incorporated with limited liability and sole importer of products from its group companies under the parent company TPV Technology Ltd, which owns the brand ‘AOC’ warrants to the purchaser (hereinafter referred to as the Customer) that the AOC brand LCD TV (hereinafter referred to as the Product) is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and such Products purchased between 15th September 2012 and 30th November 2012(both days inclusive) (hereinafter referred to as ‘Offer Period’)carry a warranty for three years (36 months) (hereinafter referred to as the Warranty Period) from the date of purchase mentioned in the purchase invoice. Terms and Conditions of this warranty are mentioned below:
1. Warranty is applicable only if the Product is registered with the Company through Company’s website www.aocindia.com or Company’s Customer Service Contact Center the numbers and address of which, is prominently mentioned on ________________ within five days of close Offer Period. On registering the product, Company will give a unique ‘product registration number’ which should be noted down by Customer for any future reference/ claim of warranty.
2. Warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product and is non-transferable.
3. Warranty is valid only upon the Customer producing the original purchase invoice carrying the Product serial number, during the visit of Company’s authorized technician at the Customer’s premises.
4. Warranty will be comprehensive during all three years of the Warranty Period. During this period, if any hardware / component of the Product becomes defective and needs to be replaced, Company will replace the same free of charge.
5. Company offers on-site warranty. During the Warranty Period, if the Product breaks down / experiences some functional failure, the customer shall have to call the AOCCustomerServiceContactCenter and register a complaint. Based on the complaint; Company’s authorized personnel will visit the customer site anywhere in India for repair of the Product. In some cases, where service is not possible at Customer site, the Product will be carried back to the service station for analysis and testing purpose and will be returned back within a reasonable time frame. No standby Product will be provided during this period.
6. During the Warranty Period, the Product will only be repaired by replacing the parts. Entire unit replacement may be done in such a scenario, where there are no spares available / model is discontinued, at company’s own discretion.
7. In the event of repairs / replacement of any part/s of the unit, this warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force only for the unexpired period of the warranty. Moreover, the time taken for repair / replacement and in transit whether under the warranty or otherwise shall not be excluded from the Warranty Period.
8. In case the replacement of the entire unit is being made (subject to the sole discretion of the Company), the same model shall be replaced and in the event such model has been discontinued, it shall be replaced with an equivalent/similar model as deemed by the Company. The warranty on replacement model shall remain in force only for the unexpired period of the warranty based on original purchase invoice. In such cases, the cost of delivering a good product and collecting the defective product will be borne by the Company.
9. In case of any damage to the Product due to customer abuse / repairs by un-authorized personnel / misuse detected by the AuthorizedServiceCenter personnel, the warranty will be considered void. In such a case, repairs will be done on chargeable basis only, subject to availability of parts.
10. The company or its authorized service centre / service dealer reserves the right to replace defective part/s with similar / reconditioned part/s and retain any part/s or component/s replaced at its discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the equipment during the warranty period. The part/s or component/s replaced will become the property of the Company.
11. Any change of address of the Customer shall have to be intimated by him/her to the Company (AOC Customer Care) for continuation of warranty. Warranty for the unexpired period shall continue after the product is inspected by the Company’s authorized service provider and the product is found free from transit damage. The Customer shall have to pay a visiting charge towards inspection, as applicable. In case of any transit damage, the Product shall be repaired by the Company’s Authorized Service Provider on chargeable basis and warranty for the unexpired period shall continue.
12. The warranty covers one time demonstration / installation of the Product within 30 days from the date of the purchase Invoice. If the Product is already installed at one site and needs to be reinstalled at another site (or another place within the same premises), the same would be done on chargeable basis for the Customer.
13. The company's obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repair or providing replacement of part/s only. This warranty shall not cover any consequential or resulting liability, damage or loss to property or life arising directly or indirectly out of any defect in the product. The maximum claim/s if entertained by the company will be subject to the maximum retail price of the product purchased or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
14. Company shall not be liable for any damages directly or indirectly, resulting from the purchase or relating to use of the Product or from the breach of the express warranty, including damages arising out of negligence or fault attributedto the Company or its agents or for any claim brought against the Customer by any third party.
15. In the event of any unforeseen circumstance, and spares not being available, the company's prevailing depreciation rules will be binding on the purchaser to accept as a commercial solution in lieu of repairs.
16. The warranty does not cover any accessories external to the Product like the cables, remote control, batteries, base / stand, adaptors, wall mount kits, 3D glasses, clip-on glasses, etc.
17. Customer’s rights as a consumer, against areseller, arising from purchase of the Product from such reseller,or otherwise in General, are not inferior to or affected by this Warranty
This WARRANTY is not applicable in any of the following conditions:
a) The product is not registered with the Company in the manner provided in clause 1 above.
b) The original purchase invoice is not presented to Company's authorized service personnel during visit to the premises of the Customer.
c) If the product is installed in a High moisture / High humidity environment or not operated according to the instructions given in the user manual.
d) If the original serial number of the product is not intact and tampered / removed / covered in part or in full.
e)If the defects are caused due to accident, improper usage or rough handling of the product which shall be determined by the Company authorized service personnel.
f) If the product is opened or tried / attempted for repair or repaired by any person other than the authorized service personnel of the Company.
g) If the defects caused due to reasons beyond control like lightening, abnormal high voltage, electrical short circuits, no proper grounding, acts of God, terrorism, fire, floods, earthquake, etc.
h) Pixel damage, Dead Pixel, dot on the screen up to 3 bright dots or 3 dark dots or up to a total of 5 dots.
i) Damages / defects arising due to normal wear and tear of parts, cosmetic damages like scratches on the screen / plastics / bezel / base / back cover, paint peel off, color fading away / color changes, etc.
j) Defects or damages arising due to customer induced damages, physical damages, breakages, MURA effect caused due to external pressure, liquid spill, air bubbles, black spot, black patches, liquid crystal damage, stains, dust inside the panel, defects arising due to high humid and moisture conditions or liquid / solvent / any chemical leakage into the panel while cleaning, modification or alteration of any nature made in the electrical circuitry/ or physical construction of the product.